God's Masterpiece

I am not defined by a number. –2.4 OUT! I knew it before I saw everyone else’s numbers. Out. I started crying. What am I going to tell Phyllis? Weaping.

But here’s the thing, I haven’t cheated in my eating, I’ve counted every calorie, I’ve worked out, hard, I’ve improved every time I’ve been at the gym or out with my team. I’ve fought battles that I didn’t even know I needed to fit, and with the grace of God’s love, I’ve won.

I’ve learned that obedience is not a bad thing, and that when we do it God’s way, it is so much better, and our heart grows a little more in love.

My workouts and eating are not defined by a number. Now, would I have liked a bigger number, sure. But God revealed to me today that sometimes someone else needs the grace more than me, at least in this circumstance.

I have been struggling because I knew that if I didn’t weigh in my shoes today that it would help. And really, who would have known? But I knew it wasn’t right, so I wore my shoes, because I am a woman of integrity. Is it worth the win, if you cheat? No, its not.

I am not quitting, and on the contrary, I am considering getting a trainer for the other days I am in the gym and not with my team (because how would I encourage them from home?)

I may be a lot of the same woman I was when I started, but I feel like I have come so far and that God is doing such a work on my heart. I feel like quitting would be like giving up the dreams that He has for me. And that is not an option.

What am I going to tell Phyllis? That I am not officially a loser anymore, that I did my best, and that I am proud of what I have done, and what I will continue to do. I am God’s Masterpiece, and He is not done working on me yet.

Eph 2:10 For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.

Please watch this

Comments

Jada's Gigi said…
You are HIS workmanship!
Momma said…
I am so sad that 2.4 down make you out! 2.4 is hard to lose and I am so proude that you are continuing the work! Way to go!