Passion



Passion is a gritty kind of love, tough and

optimistic enthusiasm that overcomes negativity and inconvenience to make it

through to the end. (10,000 Reasons Overflow)


Saturday, July 24, 2010

God's Masterpiece

I am not defined by a number. –2.4 OUT! I knew it before I saw everyone else’s numbers. Out. I started crying. What am I going to tell Phyllis? Weaping.

But here’s the thing, I haven’t cheated in my eating, I’ve counted every calorie, I’ve worked out, hard, I’ve improved every time I’ve been at the gym or out with my team. I’ve fought battles that I didn’t even know I needed to fit, and with the grace of God’s love, I’ve won.

I’ve learned that obedience is not a bad thing, and that when we do it God’s way, it is so much better, and our heart grows a little more in love.

My workouts and eating are not defined by a number. Now, would I have liked a bigger number, sure. But God revealed to me today that sometimes someone else needs the grace more than me, at least in this circumstance.

I have been struggling because I knew that if I didn’t weigh in my shoes today that it would help. And really, who would have known? But I knew it wasn’t right, so I wore my shoes, because I am a woman of integrity. Is it worth the win, if you cheat? No, its not.

I am not quitting, and on the contrary, I am considering getting a trainer for the other days I am in the gym and not with my team (because how would I encourage them from home?)

I may be a lot of the same woman I was when I started, but I feel like I have come so far and that God is doing such a work on my heart. I feel like quitting would be like giving up the dreams that He has for me. And that is not an option.

What am I going to tell Phyllis? That I am not officially a loser anymore, that I did my best, and that I am proud of what I have done, and what I will continue to do. I am God’s Masterpiece, and He is not done working on me yet.

Eph 2:10 For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.

Please watch this

2 comments:

Jada's Gigi said...

You are HIS workmanship!

jessicachubb said...

I am so sad that 2.4 down make you out! 2.4 is hard to lose and I am so proude that you are continuing the work! Way to go!