He never leaves us

As I walked out the door today, I updated my facebook status ‘work, funeral, work, workout… long day. Please God don’t leave me, I need You today’.

Its always busy at work, that’s the way it is and that’s a good thing. Going to a funeral midmorning, my uncle Jimmy died, he was old, and then straight to GM for two back to back meetings. And since its Tuesday, it means a ‘Biggest Loser’ Workout, those are always tough, but totally awesome when we’re doing it, often, I think ‘you can endure anything for two hours’.

As I drove down Southfield I saw a rainbow, reminding me of God’s Promises (Gen 9). I remember when I was younger how fascinated I was with rainbows, I wanted to know if there was a pot of God at the end, and which side was the end? Now when I look at them I think about how God never leaves us, how even when He seems far away or things aren’t working out exactly like we planned, He is never there, working for our God.

A week or two back we were running, the first time around the building, rainbow, second time around, no rainbow. I think I was fascinated more by no rainbow than seeing one. Feeling sometimes so lonely I can barely stand it, I take great comfort in knowing that the Creator of the universe loves me & never leaves me, that’s amazing to me.

I keep going back to John 1

1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2He was with God in the beginning. 3Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4In him was life, and that life was the light of men. 5The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.

I love the beginning of the verses, but I love verse 5 The light shines in the darkness but the darkness has not understood it.

I don’t know why I am so fascinated that the light shines in the darkness but the darkness has not understood it. Maybe its because so many times God has just sent His light to me and I don’t know why things are happening, and usually I don’t like them, but I just know that His way is the best way, so I keep going, I keep loving, in spite of the heartache it can sometimes bring, because Love’s rewards heal that heartache, and make us stronger.

And through it all, He never leaves us.

Isaiah 61:7-9
7 Instead of their shame
my people will receive a double portion,
and instead of disgrace
they will rejoice in their inheritance;
and so they will inherit a double portion in their land,
and everlasting joy will be theirs.
8 "For I, the LORD, love justice;
I hate robbery and iniquity.
In my faithfulness I will reward them
and make an everlasting covenant with them.
9 Their descendants will be known among the nations
and their offspring among the peoples.
All who see them will acknowledge
that they are a people the LORD has blessed."

Comments