How strong?

Tuesday... I wondered "God, why for the love of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches did You ask me to do that?"

So I text my really good friend Keith "do you think God asks us to do things to find out how strong we are?"

And his brilliant reply "God already knows how strong we are, He just wants us to see it"

I think of so many times when I gave up, and then looked back and said, if I just would have kept on...

I was shocked at how fast I ran, how much I lifted, never giving up because I had people believing that I could.

Its been crazy, I mean, I am TIRED! My legs hurt, when I'm working out I feel like I've pushed my arms to their extent and the next day I'm not sore, but my legs are really hurting, my calves in particular.

We were running yesterday outside (I mapped it, its .18 miles around the building) and I was in some pain, but I had decided that I wasn't going to stop jogging, albeit not very fast but I wasn't stopping (and even if they said we only had to do it once that last time, I was going to run twice around that building)! As we turned the corner there was a rainbow. Thinking about all God's promises. The second time around, there was no rainbow. At first I was a little disappointed but I was thankful to see the first one, and then instantly I thought about faith and how God is always there even when we don't see Him or can't feel Him, He's there, never forsakes us.

Later today is our first challenge, I have no idea what to expect, and some people are nervous about it, all I can do is my best. So I will go, I will warm up on my bike and sstttrrreeetttccchhhh and I will do all I can. Tomorrow is our first weigh in, do I want to get eliminated? of course not, however, I have put in 100% even when I thought I didn't have anymore to give. I've run this race, and I'm not done running no matter the outcome of a stupid scale. Tomorrow is just like every other day in this journey, one I will prepare for and do my best.

Its easy to give up when you think you're defeated, its even easy to give up before we are defeated. But we're not defeated, we are strong, and going back to that original question

Do you think God asks us to do something to see how strong we are?

No, He already knows how strong we are, He just wants us to see it.

Psalm 31:24 Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the LORD

Comments

Diane said…
I am so thankful the Lord loves me enough to want me to see myelf the way He see me. You hang in there Margie! As Momma and Daddy used to say to us "You do your best, God will do the rest"!

Many hugs................