I will not give up!

My days and nights seem to be so focused working out and eating well that I don't have time to do much else. Even praying for myself to make it. Sometimes I think 'there is no way I can do that, they must be nuts' and I do it! which is pretty cool!

However yesterday one of the trainers said to me 'push yourself hard at the gym' and I instantly went into one of those 'I AM! see, even you think I can't do it and you don't even know me'. I don't know how he meant it but that's how I took it. Little does he know, I AM NOT A QUITTER!!!

I seriously had to talk myself off the ledge. I thought, see, you suck, and I just wanted to give up. I thought my jeans would feel better this morning when I got into them. nope. Same. That was discouraging, I haven't gotten on the scale yet, and I won't til its time (next Saturday). My arms hurt even to type (though not as bad as I thought they would).

But here's the thing. Even though I am not a quitter I was discouraged. But I just keep going, I am not going to quit, I am doing this for myself, not for anyone else. I know that when they ask me to do crunches, I do more than they ask, I go up the hill an extra time to help encourage others (Ecc 4:9) and for myself because I want to push myself, I do stuff at home, I finish every exercise even if I'm last. Not because they are watching but because I have to be obediant, and how is it glorious to God if I cheat?

I will keep pushing myself towards that goal, not matter how hard, because I am not a QUITTER!!

Exodus 15:2 The LORD is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation. He is my God, and I will praise him, my father's God, and I will exalt him.

Comments