Just for the record!

So I wasn't going to write a post about this, but I changed my mind. I don't want anyone thinking I'm against a denomination. The bible said we should all be one, and I believe that. I want to tell you how I feel, this is not meant to hurt anyone... but maybe give some explanation.

I grew up Catholic, baptism as a baby, 1st communion, reconciliation, confirmation, the whole nine yards. I memorized a lot of stuff to be able to meet the criteria of 'the church'.

This is what I wish... I wish that I would have learned the bible, not just listened to them read it on Sundays, I wish that someone would have explained all those prayers I memorized instead of just making me memorize them, maybe they would have meant something instead of worrying that I was saying them correctly. but maybe I should have taken that upon myself to learn, but to be honest, i thought religion was just kind of a tradtion, like ham on Easter, turkey on thanksgiving. And then one day or many days, God began to stir in me. Maybe at some point I realized that my daughter needed Jesus and I didn't want it to be like that for her (a tradition).

At some point, I felt called to a different church, but more than that I turned to Christ, I gave Him my life, I've learned what it means to give and receive grace, tripping and falling a lot, and I mean A LOT. I've learned that those are not just words in a book but a way of life lived in love. And I know that people look at me and think I've gone over the edge, that's ok...

I have no issues with the Catholic church or its people, outside of the fact that some things just aren't biblical, but that is for them to sort out, not me, its just hard for me to understand why (and kind of always has been - I used to argue with Fr. Jack about meat on Fridays - 'find it in the bible' because mac and cheese is not a sacrifice if you ask me).

I know plenty of people who are Catholic who love Jesus, I know plenty of people who are not part of the Catholic Church who don't love Jesus.

I don't care what church you go to or what denomination you chose to follow, if you go everyday out of devotion or you make it 1 day a month, this is what I'm saying...

Follow Him, believe in Him, believe Him, and LOVE ONLY HIM!

John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life No one comes to the Father except through me

Comments

Momma said…
I think that was a very loving way of explaining where you are coming from!