My best

Yesterday we ran around the track at the high school.  The first time we did it, my time was 14:30, I walked about half, jogged about half.  We did it yesterday and i did it in 14:02, which I know isn't terrific but I ran the whole thing this time and improved so I was happy. A lot of people improved their times a lot more than me and so I started to feel discouraged.  But then God just wrapped me up.  I wasn't in a race with them, I did my best, and that was good.

Sometimes I get so wrapped up in what others might think, that simply, I will never be good enough that I forget to look at where God has taken me and what I have accomplished.  How silly right?  but that's what brings me down, I focus on the wrong things instead of crazy good blessings in my life.

Today I witnessed the ugliness of unforgiveness. It actually made me really sad.  And why do we not forgive?  Because we focus on the wrong things.  We don't focus on love and grace, we focus on hurt and hate.  No thanks.

God, continue to work in me along this journey. I know the path is narrow, and its difficult, but God, I want to walk EVERYDAY with You, no matter how hard the climb, how bumpy the road, so that, on the day that I walk to the gates of heaven, I hear You say, "Welcome Home My good and faithful servant, welcome Home".

Matthew 25:23 "His master replied, 'Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master's happiness!'

Comments

Momma said…
It is so much better to focus on what you have done than what you are not doing. You are getting healthy and doing things you could not have done a few months ago. That is the best! You are doing so well. As hard as it is. Do not compare with everyone else. I know it is a competition, so you want to do well. But compete only with yourself. Challenge only yourself. You will win even if you don't win the competition!
Pat said…
Still amazing me.
Love you!!