No excuses

Today I could have easily said "i don't have time to go to the gym" I cooked for the better part of the day for Alive (we had free food before the fireworks) and then to Alive for... Alive. I was tired when they all left at 9:30, I could have easily just got into the car and headed north to home, but I told "my kids" (and myself) that i was going to the gym, and I'll tell you that if I can't spend time with "my kids" at the fireworks, I better be at the gym.

So I went, it was a shorter work out, I did the eliptical, ran for 5 minutes, and then really concentrated on my triceps, and core stuff. It was hard, but I kept remembering that stupid crab crawl. And then I just kept doing '5 more'.

I will not tolerate excuses for myself. Maybe that sounds harsh, but I almost threw up on Saturday, felt like i could barely put one foot in front of the other but I did it, and so I will continue to do it.

I am worth it, and I'd like to spend many more years with 'my kids' (alive students) if I take this time and put forth everything I have.

1 John 2:28 (msg) And now, children, stay with Christ. Live deeply in Christ. Then we'll be ready for him when he appears, ready to receive him with open arms, with no cause for red-faced guilt or lame excuses when he arrives.

Comments

Momma said…
Good for you!!!!
Trish said…
You can do it...love you!