what was I thinking?

What was I thinking?

Sometimes I think I defeat myself before I even start. No more!!!! I’m done buying into the lies of I’m not good enough, I can’t do it… blah blah (insert Charlie Brown teacher speak here!)

Yesterday when Joel said 5K, I thought there is no way I can do that, 3 miles?????? Ok, really? I WALK three miles all the time, that’s my standard, even before the competition so why did I think I wouldn’t finish yesterday? Sheesh!

And today, -9.6 pounds! That’s a pretty big number, I didn’t cheat, I wore my shoes (I actually wore all the same clothes I weighed in the first day, so it was my true weight loss. How can I be disappointed in doing my best?!

Until the next weigh in, I will do what I’m supposed to do, just like I did this time. I will continue to worship, be in God’s Word, listen to God’s teaching, and most importantly, I will listen to God tell me who I am!

I’m reading a book called ‘I’ll have what she’s having’ by Bobbie Houston from Hillsong church, it says it’s the ‘ultimate compliment for any woman daring to change her world’. I read it in the bathroom lol. At the end of the first chapter it says “it is time to rise up, push those lovely shoulders back, life that beautiful chin, and become the delightful daughter of God that you already are” I loved that.

I’m not defeated! Not before I start and not after I finish. One of my favorite bible verses is when Paul talks about never giving up. He says in Phil 3:14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. I tell you that no matter what, I will not stop going on this journey that God has me on, it is certainly not easy, but it is certainly not impossible, because nothing is impossible for God!!

Matthew 9:23-24 : 'If you can'?" said Jesus. "Everything is possible for him who believes." 24Immediately the boy's father exclaimed, "I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!"

Comments

Pat said…
I'm so proud of you! The weight gain is wonderful, but the attitude is the top prize! Keep up with the great work!!
Momma said…
Good for you! I am so happy for you. You are working so hard. That number must have encouraged you so much!!!!!