Worship

So if you happened to be at the Trenton High School Track or drove past it today, you might have a)heard me singing horribly or b) seen this crazy person running/walking with her arms in the air, dancing, worshipping a living God.

For the record, I know I sounded horrible and looked crazy, however, I really don’t care. Tuesday while doing suicides I pulled my quad. Hurt like the dickens I decided to rest it on Thursday by walking an hour at Cranbrook through the trails and the gardens. A little sweaty but giving it some time to heal. Today was a group work out, I can go if I want, even though I am officially out of the competition. I got to the track early and decided that I would warm up with 1 mile. Jogged the first two laps, jogged walked the third, and walked the last, listening ever so intently to my sore muscle. Then Mike gets there and breaks our work out to us, 5 miles. WHAT?! Was in my head. Run the straightaways, walk the curves. 20 laps. Break it down into bite size portions, 5 laps (25%), 10 laps (50%), 14 laps (<2/3), 15 (75%), then you’re almost there! I ran more than the straightaways, I started at the arrow before the arrow we were supposed to. Give more than expected, and do it cheerfully. The WHOLE time listening to The Alive Band or Hillsong United, worshipping and praising, thinking about those who don’t know Jesus, praying for those who do, praying for a lot of things. The whole time just worshipping, thinking about this God who loves me so much. How I want to do everything as worship, how I want to run this crazy race of love. And how I just can’t do it alone. A few times I could feel the tears welling up, thinking… man, I just can’t believe He loves me. I ran/walked 5 miles in 1:15, I don’t even know if that’s considered good. No idea. And I don’t care. I was happy with my time, I was happy that I gave it my all, and I am glad that Jesus was running/walking right with me the whole time. Acts 20:24 24However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace

Comments