'Highlights' from the last couple weeks

Its been a good couple weeks that I just haven’t felt ‘right’. I could list a million reasons (ok, maybe 20) of all the reasons why I could have just packed up, and left. Hurt, hurt, and a little hurt on the side. Today I had this crazy day all to myself pretty much to think. I got highlights, after about a 4 year reprieve. So I’ll give you the ‘highlights’ of the last couple weeks.

Its been kind of crazy just in general. I needed some time to myself, some may say ‘well deserved’ but if I got what I deserved… you know. Pit of Fire. But I know that even Jesus needed to chill out and recharge, relax, refocus, not sure what He did. But I needed some ‘chill’ time. So today I got my nails done (every two weeks always), my once a year pedi (yes, really, I only treat myself to one a year, its all I need), I have great feet, and highlights. I did learn that I can only take so much time in a salon before I am about to lose it.

I went to Blocks and got green beans, peaches, pickling cukes, acorn squash, and a whole lotta yummy goodness that I will prepare for the winter to have summer’s goodness when its cold outside. Gonna snap green beans while watching a movie. I haven’t been to Blocks since flower season, I forgot how super crazy and crabby people are there. I just tried to smile and say hello! I know people are in a hurry, its crowded, etc, but really, its great produce and a phenomenal price, be thankful people! I also decided that I am not sure why I plant a garden, it just is so small, and so ridiculous and I don’t have time to tend to it, next year, I’ll just do what I always end up doing, going to Blocks for all my harvest! And a bushel of green beans is A LOT of green beans! Oh, and the ziplock vacuum seal things IS FABULOUS!

I’ve been playing ‘the’ meeting in my head that happened almost two weeks ago, I can’t seem to shake it which is why I was up at 5:15 this morning and couldn’t sleep. Oh, why? Yikes. It’s a terrible thing to play something yucky over and over in your head. I just keep trying to remember 1 John 4:19.

But anyway, I put together a list of ‘thank You’s for God, I just keep replaying them in my head and expending on my list by the minute, completely changes your attitude if you ask me, you didn’t, but you’re still here…

Remember, it is not always when we have something that we celebrate. That was said by some really smart guy in Africa.

Keep loving because its like Mother Teresa said… I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love.

And that’s my ‘highlights’. And in case you’re wondering… my hair, it looks AWESOME!

Comments