Please

How come it never seems enough?

One week in Highland Park

To say the least a dangerous city
A hurting city
A city that needs hope
So many times I prayed for God to restore hope in someone’s life
I remember them.
Their lives etched somehow in my heart
Women
Men
Children
Older people
Crackheads
Prostitutes

God they need You.
They need your hope, your love, your mercy, your grace.
I didn’t even want to be there most of the week.
Do I feel called to Highland Park?
I don’t think so.
Do I feel called?
Yes.
There has got to be something more than this.
How do I love without fear?
How do I just say ‘no fear’?
There is no fear in perfect love.
The bible tells me that.

There are a few prayers I pray that are scary.

Do whatever it takes Lord
Break my heart for what breaks Yours.

And…
Close a door.
Slam it.
Lock it.
Don’t leave an opportunity for me to return where I was.

Don’t let me be afraid.
And when I’m afraid.
Make me push forward anyway.
Let me cry
Buy my tears.
And push me forward.
Close the doors to the things that are not your way.
I’m not that smart God.
Make it easy for me.
Take the things that used to be
And remove them.
Less of me
More of You.

More of Your love.

In everything
In everyday
In everyway

I hate change, its no surprise to You – You know my heart – and love me anyway.

But I feel it coming.
And maybe I’m resisting
Maybe.
Am I scared?
I want to be obedient.
I want to be where You want.

Shut the doors to the things – to the ways you do not want me to go

Let me love

Bigger than I thought possible

Let me live love

Let me live this:

I have found the paradox that if I love until it hurts, then there is no hurt, but only more love (Mother Teresa)

Please

1 John 4:18 There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.

Comments