Running

I don't really want to run today. I can't go to the gym... Its hot outside, I hate carrying water, etc. But yesterday a good friend of mine said "everyday you are not in the gym, your competition is" apparantly his football coach told him that and it stuck with him, and it inspired others yesterday.

I could easily dismiss the quote and say "I'm not competing anymore" but I am. There are hundreds if not thousands of voices in my head... things that people have said to me, written, or just made me feel that have made me believe that I am "too" something or not good enough.

I don't know when it happened, maybe it was the moment that I bought that smaller size or maybe it was the day when I realized that it truly was the other person who was missing out, and it wasn't me, but somewhere, somehow I let God speak to me, I let Him tell me who I was. I decided that even if some people don't understand my motives, that I will be who I am, I will use my gifts, and I will love and support those I love, and if people don't understand, I am not sure what to say to them.

Do I know that I need to lose more weight? Yes, I do, I know that everyday is a choice to get closer to my goal. I don't need anyone to tell me, I know. Do I know that it was my choices that got me here, and it will be my choices (and attitudes) to the place where I want to be? YES!

In the bible it says that I am God's Masterpiece (Eph 2:10 NLT) and that He will continue to work in me, and maybe I am not a size 2 (or 4) and maybe I never will be, but I'm really starting to see who I am and who I was created to be! I will not stop, I won't back down, until I get to where I need to be, on the inside and the outside!

1 Cor 9:24-25 24Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. 25Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever.

Comments