Count your blessings!

Sometimes, quite often really I can count my burdens. I don’t want this or that, I don’t like this, why do I have to deal with so-and-so, why does everyone have to be a jerk, why can’t I have ____. It makes you crazy and negative.

And then, you hear something or you look at someone, and God whispers to your heart, or you open your bible and your heart changes.

I walked into a hornet’s nest yesterday. And I could have gotten all riled up but instead I thought about Levi. I thought about his sweet head on my chest and ‘nugglin’ with him. I thought about how much I had missed seeing him (I was sick) and I thought this really is what its all about. Its about hugs and kisses.

I think about how busy Phyllis and I are. And how sometimes we have to schedule our time together or steal away for church and brunch (I really wanted to go to The Whitney, however this pay period it’s a no so we will go somewhere else) or how its just Panera and dinner. Or we stand in the bathroom and we talk and how she says ‘can you cut me some cucumbers, green peppers, and carrots?’ and she knows I will because I love her and I want her to have a full belly. I think about how being someone’s friend means so much to me, more than I ever thought possible. And how a smile, even if its just through the phone can make your heart smile.

I could focus on a million horrible things, but that does not do my heart good. Count your blessings, even when it means we count something that’s hard because we know that God is working for our good.

Yesterday during worship Katie asked us to list what we were thankful for. I could have gone on and on and on and on and on and on. How thankful I am for a Savior! A Savior that if all He did was give me eternal life would have been enough, however, besides that, He gave me His Word to give me direction in life. He gives me never ending grace. He gives me a love that I will never comprehend but as He pours into me, I will pour into others.

Thankful

Hebrews 12:28 Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe

Comments