Here I go!

It was a great weekend.

Ran with some friends on Saturday, even though a lot of the time I felt so slow and that I was holding them back, they never made me feel that way, and encouraged me the whole time! That last ½ mile was a killer though, I wanted to quite SOOO bad. But I didn’t, and was excited that I finished, soaking wet and all!

I’m going to get a running outfit for my two running events in the next 5 weeks, this Sunday the 10K (that’s 6 miles) and the half marathon (13.1 miles) and I am getting the Nike Sportsband too. It will help me improve my speed and track how fast I am going and hopefully stay a little more consistant.

To tell you the truth though, after that very long run, my body was tired, I took a shower, got some food, watched a movie, and crashed. Sunday was a fun day, Phyllis and I went to Arts and Apples and then Qdoba for lunch. We really like Qdoba but it’s a lot of food and there aren’t any in our area so we only have it once in awhile. Then we had the Alive tailgate and the kickoff for Alive School year 2010-2011. It was awesome and I was happy that I could make a ton of stuff without having to buy stuff, I had a huge pack of chicken, turkey burgers, pasta salad, cupcakes, lemonade! It was great, and the kids were so happy! I love loving in food.

So my big decision? Has anyone wondered? It was a very difficult decision. I am no longer doing Sunday night Alive. Well, I start my new journey in October. I will still be working with students on Wednesday nights, and I will always love them. I don’t know how the students will feel, I am sure some will be singing ‘ding dong the witch is dead’ and others may be a little sad. I am sure I will still be around, I love them too much to stay away, and its been a super hard decision, but one that God has continued to tell me it was time.

About a month after I was saved, God had told me that I would someday be a speaker. Seemed completely logical to me, I love public speaking and I love Jesus, so sounds really great right? I’m not ready, a million reasons why I’m not ready. I had kind of just given up on it, forgot about it, whatever, and then one day at a teleconference, God had reminded me of that plan again. ‘you may have forgotten, but I haven’t’. But I haven’t felt like it was really going to happen, and in my running, it has been this incredible time of hearing the Voice of Truth, worshipping, praying, I think a large part of that is because its not filled with distractions of ‘regular’ life, facebook, tv, computer, house, whatever, so it’s a great time to hear Him. And it seems weird to say this but its been a time when God just speaks to me. When He tells me things I need to hear and sometimes I just don’t want to. Everything in last months has been ‘I need to work on you for awhile’ and that’s painful. He’s actually taken me to the point of ‘uncomfortableness’ in the things I loved. That’s hard. But in everything He’s told me, He’s directed me in His Word to get confirmation. Sometimes it’s a random something that gets sent to me, sometimes its just the opening of a book in the bible, sometimes it’s a directed path. Its been crazy. Loving it but its crazy. And maybe that seems crazy to everyone else, because it sounds crazy to me when I say it.

I’ve started this journey with a bible study by Beth Jones, Getting a Grip on Health and Healing and I’m looking forward to Getting a Grip on Your Lip (I know hard to imagine I need this! But stretch with me lol). I’m excited because I am currently in the study of Luke on Friday nights but once I am done with the current study I’m in, I’m going for the Book of John. My girls wanted to study that gospel so I am happy to study it with them. However, I think I’ll be done with it by myself than we will be together but its super great, the life of Jesus!

I’m excited and scared about my new journey. I’m nervous about this step I’m taking. But I’m taking it anyway. Unashamed and Afraid.

Josh 1:9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."

Comments

mike said…
So, what's the new journey in october? I hope its an exciting one....
Sara said…
Great great great! You are in a true season of victory girlfriend!
Deb said…
you are inspiring. i just posted a post with a bunch of those question things and one of the questions was "what inspires you?"...I should go back and edit it and say that YOU inspire me! always!!

(and I can't even imagine anyone singing 'ding dong the witch is dead' in reference to you!!)

I should get off the couch and go exercise now....