The new has come!

It was 6 years ago this weekend that I was baptized. Only God knows the things He orchestrated to get me to that moment. I remember how nervous I was and then there was my Sista Sue in the back with me, if you could have seen us in the back singing and dancing! Wow! And my friend Christie made sure that the Worship team sang my favorites that day! It was an amazing day. I was saved just prior to my baptism and could not wait to get dunked!

2 Cor 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!


Today I was driving to Real Church today, and My Redeemer Lives came on (I was listening to ‘The Very Best of Hillsong Live’ on my way. I was brought to that day, not even realizing that my baptism day was ‘this weekend’. I text Sue, thought about Christie. Thinking about how much God has changed my heart. The Old is gone.

Earlier I was thinking about how I didn’t save any of my fat clothes since I’ve started ‘downsizing’. How I don’t need reminders of who I was and resting on the ‘new has come’.

I’ve begun a new or maybe just different season in my life. Its crazy, crazy good.

My heart is opening, God is just moving like crazy.

Last night, I did something that I consider brave. Maybe not brave for anyone else, but it was a big deal for me. I pulled up the carpet in my living room. It was filthy and I so wanted my hardwood floors back. I had no idea what it would look like. I know my dad won’t be thrilled, but I am moving the carpet to the basement. I love it. I love my floors (I need a rug) and I love that sense of accomplishment I got from completing the task of doing something I was afraid to do. I’m not a ‘diy’ home improvement gal. I’m a ‘write a check’ kind of home improvement gal. But God is teaching me to brave on a lot of different levels. I even used a cro-bar!!!

I’m getting rid of a lot of ‘stuff’ in my life, physical and emotional because of the leading of God. Its only in obedience to Him, because I don’t always want to. Everyday I chose to follow God, there’s a little more new, and a little less old. To be more like Him!

Phil 3:14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

Comments