Attitude

Attitude really is everything, you can't change a whole lot of things, but you can change your attitiude. 

While I have been here I've thought about the way things are at home, and as much as I say I do not like downriver, I find myself longing to be home. After reading this book 'choosing to see' I am amazed about the things that God does for a reason, the people He puts in our paths, even for a moment.  Amazing that He knows what we need when we are going to need it.

I've kind of been hurt lately, but really its my attitude on how I deal with it, its been a lot of things lately.  And probably most of it I haven't been dealing with very well to be honest. I've probably caused as much hurt as I have been hurt.  Way to go Margie... sometimes I'm such a jerk. 

But today I was just thinking about God's grace and how sometimes I just don't appreciate it,  and it was at that very moment that God said 'I love you, my grace is sufficient for you'.  And so whatever is coming my way, it is for His glory, sometimes its hard, and in that book, there was a quote, 'Endurance is not the ability to bear a hard thing, but to turn it into glory' ~William Barclay.  Wow.  That really hit me because I've been pushing through some hard things, but I don't know how much of it could be pointed to God's glory, and that really makes me said, and really its because my attitude sucks.  Time to change that.  Time to see the love that's given to me, and give it to someone else.  Its time to see the roses not the thorns, and to realize that those thorns were put there to protect the roses, because God has a plan.  And His plan is way better than mine, and the sooner I realize that and stop trying to retreat the better off I will be (and those around me too).

I'm so thankful for this trip, it has given me a much needed attitude adjustment. 

2 Cor 12:9:10 9But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 10That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Comments