Break my heart for what breaks Yours, and let me do something about it!!

Today I got a phone call from a dear friend. Someone I love and pray for, however, I think in many ways I have failed my friend. I just think I didn’t love her enough. I hope that in today’s phone call, she knew I loved her, and that I will be striving to be a better friend, I will strive to love her more. Sometimes I do think ‘someone else is probably doing something’. I tell my kids “you are someone else’s ‘someone else’ “ I not only failed my friend, I failed God. He gave me the opportunity to love, and I fell FLAT on my face. Ugh. And so I will remain on my face, asking Him to show me more opportunities to love. No matter how big or how small, even if it just means whipping up a batch of brownies.

You know I am highly moved by music. ‘Amazed’ by Desperation Band. “You sing all around, but I never hear the Sound”. I want to hear what God sings, I want to feel the comfort of Him, the direction He gives, I want to hear and feel His love everyday. But know this, and I’m speaking this to myself, so I hear it loud and clear, I do not want to become busy doing, I want to be LOVING. In order to live this crazy life, in love with Jesus, I must be less of me (busy) and more of Him (loving).

I do not want an opportunity to go by without loving. Others and myself.

I sound like one of those ‘churchie’ people. I don’t want that, I just want to be one of those people that point people straight to a God who loves them.

John 3:30-31 30He must become greater; I must become less. 31"The one who comes from above is above all; the one who is from the earth belongs to the earth, and speaks as one from the earth. The one who comes from heaven is above all


Today's (in)courage http://www.incourage.me/2010/10/me-me-me-me-me.html

Comments

Sandy said…
I am moved by music too and you've
mentioned one of my favorite songs.
You don't sound "churchie" in saying
you just want to love, we all want
that if we're true followers of
Christ. You're just yearning for
more of Him and His way of living,
I think. So do I.