A different kind of day in the D

It’s a crazy thing to think that tomorrow I will be running the half marathon. Now, you know that I’m not running the whole thing, but I’ll be doing it. Completing it.

4 months ago, I could not complete a mile. That’s crazy, 13.1. Thinking back to our first challenge and being defeated before we even started I thought I’d never be able to complete a 5k (and I was allowed to walk) how crazy is that?! It was a good lesson in ‘whether you think you can or you think you can’t, you’re probably right (Henry Ford)’.

I am glad that I am doing it with 3 other friends, the kind of friends that become family.

Mostly though, I’m doing this with God. This whole journey is about him. Every step, every breath, its about His grace.

I got a cute shirt that says ‘I know I run like a girl, try to keep up’ in a great green color. You can find it here àhttp://www.onemoremilerunning.com/Short-Sleeve/Run-Like-A-Girl-Short-Sleeve/prod_581.html?review=write

I got my nails painted a great OPI color called ‘you must have red my mind’ and then realized the color matches my shoes!

Please pray for me and my friends (the 3 I’m running with and the many others that I know that are running) for no injuries and a great time with God.

I can’t wait til I can say ‘13.1 been there, run that’

Happy Sweetest Day!!

Comments