Overwhelmed by the Grace of God

Sometimes I just can’t help it. I cry. And I smile! And I take nerdy pictures so that I never forget a memory.

Today I was sitting at the Downriver Council of Arts overwhelmed by the grace of God. My girl was singing as part of the AKT Theatre Caberet. Sorry if you missed it, because it was AMAZING! Angie Kane Ferrante… you rock!

The story of us, you’ve heard it, maybe you haven’t, I don’t know. But I watched my girl sing, and I’ll tell you the truth, it seems like just yesterday when I lay in the hospital bed with my girl as she was diagnosed with JRA (Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis) and here she was tonight, singing and dancing and jumping around, and I looked at her hand raised and I can see the effects it had on her wrist although no one else probably noticed. I think this girl singing, she didn’t deserve a mom like me, young, stupid, but thankfully hardworking and perservering. But still, this beautiful girl, she got stuck with me, and I worked hard and screwed up, but by the grace of God, I am a good mumma.

I think about being cured of JRA, and school of choice that landed her in the best music program lead by the best music teacher/director EVER, who has an amazingly talented daughter who lead the Roosevelt Drama Dept and now runs AKT! I think about how blessed I am to have this house, to hear music, to be able to afford the tickets, to have a job, to see her sing, to love students, to not have to walk home in the rain, to having the best daughter.

I can’t even tell you how blessed I am, I just keeping thinking ‘but by the grace of God go I” with tears streaming down my face.

I am blessed.

Thank You Jesus. It doesn’t seem like enough, but THANK YOU, arms high and heart abandoned, to the One who gave it all. Thank You, getting on the cross would have been enough, but You love me, and that’s certainly more than I deserve.

But by the grace of God go I!!

Romans 6:14 For sin shall not be your master, because you are not under law, but under grace.

Comments