Passion



Passion is a gritty kind of love, tough and

optimistic enthusiasm that overcomes negativity and inconvenience to make it

through to the end. (10,000 Reasons Overflow)


Monday, October 18, 2010

Running Bucket list


It’s a crazy thing… If you would have asked me yesterday after I finished the race ‘would you do that again’ the answer would have been a very loud ‘No’ however, now I would. I would do things quite differently though. Next year’s goal: 2:19
I have been so surprised by those who have cheered me on and who cheered me as I finished this leg of my journey. I am also surprised by those who have made ‘digs’ about it. Hurt by those who I thought would celebrate with me, knowing how hard emotionally this was. I do realize that some people may never understand how great it was for me. But all in all it was a great experience, and looking back, its an item that wasn’t even on my ‘bucket list’ even though I don’t have a bucket list… Something I’d never thought I’d do.

I decided to set some easier goals to achieve since it will be a year before I run another half marathon:

1 mile: 9 minute
5K (3.1 miles): :30 hours
10K (6.2 miles): 1:05 hours

Currently I have run 1 mile in 10:55, 3 miles in 39 minutes, and the 10K I ran in October was I think 1:25 so those are both goals that are gonna take some work but its gonna be great to achieve them.

All by the grace of God, that’s for sure.

Phil 3:14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus

2 comments:

Sara said...

Congratulations! I knew you could do it Sista!

jessicachubb said...

Way to go! That is awesome.