Seasons Change

I love the change of seasons in Michigan, well, I don’t like going into Winter but I know that it is God’s way of having the ground rest and that’s what it needs to do for a beautiful spring, a warm summer, and a plentiful autumn, just cuz I get it doesn’t mean I like it.

There is a saying that says that some people come into our lives for a season or a lifetime. I don’t like that change of season. When I love someone I want to love them for always. I often find myself reaching, grabbing, and clawing to make their season longer. Like not wearing a coat in winter because deep down I don’t want to admit winter is here.

I feel like I am in one of those winter seasons. God is telling me so much to rest in Him, but along with that means that I had to let go of some stuff, a very wise friend said that God can’t put something in your hand if you are holding on to something else. Makes me wonder all of a sudden (like as I type this) about my heart wanting to purge a lot of ‘stuff’ and how hard it is to let it go… hmmm… Gotta listen to His voice for about this. But I have some friends that I will always love, they have brought some great lessons and mostly some great love as they came into my life. And as I changed seasons I wondered how our friendship would weather. And now, after a lot of prayer, I have heard the Holy Spirit speak to me, ‘you’ll always love each other, it just might be a little different’. I find great peace in that, something that I have been longing for, for so long. I needed peace about it. I needed for God to speak to me, I needed Him to say to me ‘don’t worry, there is always love’. Crazy, huh? I think I just needed to change my attitude about it, I needed to always see love.

I’m on my last day of my trip, I arrive tomorrow, I can’t wait to get home, but so thankful for this time that I could spend without the distractions of life (I wonder how I was relieved of so much distraction, and I was still distracted?) and just to listen. To think about how great things really are in my life, how maybe things aren’t exactly how I want them to be, but they are exactly as they should be, and holding all the cards, all the plans, is a loving God, who never lets go, the ultimate life guard who never takes His eye off the sparrow. He has a plan for everything. I feel so encouraged by His love for me as I walk into this next season.

Gal 4:10 You are observing special days and months and seasons and years!

Comments