Show me!

I have a friend who sometimes (used to be everyday if I asked) send me a song to listen to; the words almost always blow me away. I got this song I am not sure when, but today I was listening to a song by Carolina Liar, ‘show me what I’m looking for’. I was just typing away which happens quite often, these songs all of a sudden hit me, the words stream into my heart. Usually you could find me with tears running down my face.

I have been quite up and down lately, ok, let’s be real, I’m always up and down, I struggle a lot, I used to struggle because I wasn’t rested and I wasn’t reading my bible, but I knew where I was always supposed to be, I was youth staff, and still am on a way scaled back rate. But now, I don’t know where I am supposed to be, I know that God is an on time God, He has a plan, I need to just let Him mold me but sometimes I just feel so lost. In the midst of day to day when I’m doing what I do, but feeling lonely, which according to Mother Teresa is the worst kind of poverty, its hard to not feel lost, its hard to see if I am where I am supposed to be. I just sometimes say, no really, its cry, ‘SAVE ME!’ I don’t know how to be this way, I don’t know where You want me, I hear You, I know that I’m doing what I’m supposed to do, however, it doesn’t look like a) anything I’ve ever done before or b) anything I’ve ever seen before. I am walking in faith, faith that seems very much like a mustard seed.

This is what I know… I’m supposed to love in little things. Things that probably don’t look like big things but I know that I am going to be guided that they may LOOK like little things but they will matter to the recipient. I don’t even know if that makes sense.

But I just want TO KNOW! I want to know where I’m going, this road I’m traveling, I just want to know where I am going, where my end destination is, but I don’t get to know, I just get to know the direction but not the destination. But I don’t get to know. But since I don’t get to know, I love the part in the song ‘save me from being confused’. At this point, I want to be not be confused I just want to be confident in my journey. Which is a heart issue, I’ve got to trust. I do believe, help me in my unbelief!

Mark 9:23-24 23" 'If you can'?" said Jesus. "Everything is possible for him who believes."
24Immediately the boy's father exclaimed, "I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!"




Show me what I’m looking for ~Carolina Liar
Wait, I'm wrong
Should have done better than this
Please, I'll be strong
I'm finding it hard to resist
So show me what I'm looking for

CHORUS
Save me, I'm lost
Oh lord, I've been waiting for you
I'll pay any cost
Save me from being confused
Show me what I'm looking for
Show me what I'm looking for…oh lord

Don't let go
I've wanted this far too long
Mistakes become regrets
I've learned to love abuse
Please show me what I'm looking for

CHORUS
Save me, I'm lost
Oh lord, I've been waiting for you
I'll pay any cost
Save me from being confused
Show me what I'm looking for
Show me what I'm looking for…oh lord

Show me what I'm looking for
Show me what I'm looking for
Show me what I'm looking for

CHORUS
Save me, I'm lost
Oh lord, I've been waiting for you
I'll pay any cost
Just save me from being confused
Wait, I'm wrong
I can't do better than this
I'll pay any cost
Save me from being confused
Show me what I'm looking for
Show me what I'm looking for
Show me what I'm looking for
Show me what I'm looking for…oh lord

Comments