Simplify!

Patch the holes in the living room and hallway for preparation for painting in November.
Straighten up garage in preparation for parking in it this winter!
Lay the carpet in the basement!
Clean house in preparation for the week

Run 3-4 miles
Check out First Baptist Dresses for Phyllis homecoming!
Laundresize!
Pray for Alive (I'll be doing this all day! no matter what else I am doing!)

Clean out linen closet (donation pile here I come!)

I did pretty good on my to do list yesterday, I didn’t run or clean out the linen closet. But that’s ok. I went downstairs to get something from the laundry and thought “I need more storage” and then I thought “no you don’t, you need less stuff” and so… this coming weekend, I am going to start purging, things that I just don’t need. I have a lot of extra kitchen stuff, blankets, etc. I am going to put a bunch of it away for Phyllis so that when she gets her own place, she’ll have some stuff to start out with. Kitchen gadgets, bowls, etc, the rest I will either donate or give away. I just have too much stuff! I’m blessed beyond belief but I think all the years of not having much have made me want to hold on to stuff.
Maybe its just me, but sometimes I hold on to things, and people in my life long after they should have been held on to. I had a friend, someone I cared for so deeply, and I should have said ‘goodbye’ long before so much pain was caused. I hold on with both hands so tightly that God cannot put a new blessing into my hand. I’m thinking that in all this purging that is about to occur, someone who needs something will be blessed, I will be blessed in getting rid of the clutter, in simplifying my life, so that there is less of me, and more of Him.
John 3:30 He must become greater; I must become less

Comments