so far...

So I land in Brazil, someone was arranged to pick me up, he's got a snazzy sign so I know its him.  Ok, so far so good, I feel gross, I need a shower, and I've got to pee.  First class is awesome!  When I win the lotto, I'm flying to Greece first class.

However, driver guy does not speak any english.  ANY.  We get in the car, we're driving, I ask him how long to the hotel.  Smile and nod.  So I'm getting nervous because its been a long time and I read an article on sex trafficking, don't ever do that.  Finally, I get an answer out of him.  3 minutes.  10-15 minutes later we are still driving.  Finally totally frustrated I scream 'CALL JESSICA (my contact) RIGHT NOW' well, it turns out, we were 2 minutes from the hotel, me in the car ready to cry.  Why would anyone send someone to pick you up when they know you can't speak the language and he can't speak English.  Note to self, learn the language.

The hotel has 2 TWIN beds that I have had firmer pillows than these beds. Its horrible, and I think the streets are cleaner than the hallways.  But its a place to rest my head, so for that I am thankful.

The food... eh...  I'm surprised I don't like it more... have you seen the size of my butt?  but eh... its not that great.

I'm more than 2/3 done with my book.  I should have brought 2. 

Things can always be worse, and I feel God's presence while I'm here!  Hope things are well wherever you are!

Psalm 118:24 This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it

Comments

Pat said…
I am with you..in spirit and prayer. And the Lord is with you all the time!
I have to say you're a brave and strong woman, I'm always newly proud of you!