Day Five: Six things you wish you’d never done

Ok, so I think that's dumb, because God turns our mess into His message, so forget that.  Sorry, catch me tomorrow but let me tell you.  I woke up this morning and felt like I may be coming down with something.  I Netti Pot when I got home, took it easy (ate out), but there were dishes and laundry.  So I started the laundry and did the dishes and my drain backed up in the basement.  I tell you the truth, this was by far the STINKIEST thing I've ever smelled, I'm thinking 'uh oh, how will I finish my laundry.  Then I decided to see if it was still backed up, so I took a small bucket and drizzled some water, it went down!  THANK YOU JESUS!  so...  I cleaned it all up, and will have it cleaned out tomorrow by a plumber.  I had to take my two area rugs outside and they will go out with the trash.  Oh well. 

So I wonder, can I see Jesus in situations like this?  And so here it goes!

Thank You Jesus it was on the laundry side not on the carpet side
Thank You Jesus that I was able to clean it up, and do laundry
Thank You Jesus that I had bleach to clean it up (I never have bleach)
Thank You Jesus that I have the ability to clean it up (two working arms, and legs and everything in between)
Thank You for me not puking (that would have been even WORSE)
Thank You for a home
Thank You for the wisdom to figure out how to clean it up
Thank You for the ability to pay for the plumber
THANK YOU, that it could have flood the whole basement

So, this stinks, literally and figuratively, but its ok, its cleaned up (still a little stinky) and candles are burning, but its on its way for being fixed. 

No worries. 

Comments