Day Nine: Three songs that describe your life right now.

Today was supposed to be 2 smileys that describe your life, but that's dumb (I don't follow instructions well, or my 10th grade girls would tell you I'm a rebel lol)

Picking two songs is difficult considering I listen to music (like most people) everyday and so I picked three. They are all very different and can probably give some explanation of my heart, going in a million directions, I’ve included the videos but not the eminem song, you can look that one up on your own.

I think the first song would be Cinderella by Steven Curtis Chapman. I realize that the song is written in the view of a dad, but this song just reminds me how childhood is long days of fast years. I don't think I've ever listened to this song without getting misty, sometimes I ball my eyes out. I always tried so hard to be a good mom, to spend time with Phyllis, it seems that lately things are nuts but she's my girl and in my heart, she is always first.






The next song is I think God can Explain by Splendor. There are just so many things that I just don’t understand, things do not turn out the way I planned and sometimes its so easy to rest in Him and sometimes I feel like a 3 year old fighting sleep.



I think God can explain

There's a lot of things I understand
And there's a lot of things that
I don't want to know
But you're the only face I recognize
It's so damn sweet of you
to look me in the eyes
It's alright, I'm O.K.
I think God can explain
I believe I'm the same
I get caried away
It's alright, I'm O.K.
I think God can explain
I'm relieved I'm relaxed
I'll get over it yet
The sent of vasoline
in the summertime
The feel of an icecube
Melting overtime
The world seems bigger
Than both of us
Yet it seems so small
when I begin to cry
It's alright I'm O.K.
I think God can explain
I believe I'm the same
I get carried away
It's alright I'm O.K.
I think God can explain
I'm relieved I'm relaxed
I'll get over it yet.
I'm so much better than you guessed
I'm so much bigger than you guessed
I'm so much brighter than you guessed
I'ts alright I'm O.K.
I think God can explain
I believe I'm the same
I get carried away
It's alright I'm O.K.
I think God can explain
I'm relieved I'm relaxed
I'll get off of your back
I think God can explain
I think God can explain
I think God can explain

Eminem, oh Eminem, I don’t even claim to understand you, but your music sometimes hits my heart like a 10 tandem truck going 100 mph. I can tend to be a loner, I can tend to pull away. One thing that happened to me recently is that I started to pull away but I wanted someone to know that I wasn’t pulling away from them, and I had suggested that we not buy each other Christmas presents, my plan was that we all go do something and spend the time together but before I could get that part out, it was a ‘fine’ and a hang up. I was furious! Fine, you’re not going to let me finish, that’s how you want it? Ok, all these times of pulling away, and then coming back, you saying you love me, but once that next thing comes along, you take off. Go, you have what you’ve always dreamed of, so I will get out of the way so you can enjoy it. I was right, I never mattered, thanks for confirmation.

I love this song because it reminds me that we are all beautiful and that we should never let anyone tell us we are not, that the world thinks they know us, but they don’t. God knows us, we are wonderfully made and even though we mess it up, it makes us who we are today, and no one can take away our beauty and His love.

Crazy what I can get from an Eminem song, huh?

Comments