Its Thursday!

Did anyone even notice I hadn’t posted since Monday? Where has the week gone? I’m not sure, but my house is the most picked up its been in months. I’ve been home.

Phyllis’s foot is healed, however the doctor wants three more weeks on crutches and this ginormous boot thing. Ugh. But when you pray for God to send His wisdom down to the doctor and He does, then you gotta live with it.

I’m exhausted. Mentally but not physically. Can I just tell you? Sometimes being a single mom, seemingly all alone in this world, really sucks. I remember when I was a kid, my dad had this great group of friends that supported him, and sometimes I just don’t feel like I have that. Its probably my fault because I’m so busy, but sometimes I feel like I’m always the one saying ‘can you hang out?’ like no one ever thinks of me unless they need me.

I struggled with ‘how come they only love me for what I do, not who I am?’ and then God said to me, “I created you that way, they love you for what you do, because that’s who you are, you are giving, and encouraging’. That was quite a revelation that God shared with me. However, the problem with me is that once I leave something, I think so does the thought of me unless they have to say ‘Oh Margie’s not here, who is going to do it?’ Oh well, that’s just something I need to deal with.

I also have another problem, a small one, but its still an issue. A lot of times when I use my crockpot the meals just really aren’t that good. I often wonder if other people are just like ‘hey who cares, dinner is done’ or am I just Crock Pot challenged. Yesterday’s dinner was pretty good, I loved coming home and having dinner ready, literally, walked in, went potty, washed hands, made a salad, and served dinner. That was nice. And even ‘that was a good one’ from Miss Phyllis. I guess I’ll just keep trying.

I’m off next week, so excited, 9 days off in a row! YEAH! I need some rest. Have some plans with friends, but not too much.

Its been a hard week to work out, its week 3, but I really do love it, I love the energy I have in the morning and the rest of the day! This morning, I came home, did the few dishes in the sink, washed and dried/hung up a load of laundry in addition to the normal morning routine!

So that’s it! I hope you’re still awake. Hope things are great in your neck of the woods!

Oh, and check out this devotional! I super loved it!

http://www.incourage.me/2010/11/be-blessed.html

Eph 2:10 For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.

Comments

Pat said…
I seem to be crockpot challenged too. Most things I've cooked in it, I don't really like. To me it's a great warmer and that's about it. Besides, I have to store mine in the basement and it's not worth the trip!
Glad Phylli's foot healed well. Three weeks with the boot will fly by, and it will be off for Christmas!
Trish said…
We are encouragers...Gods hands at work. It is a gift. Sometimes we feel taken for granted because we are quick to say I will. At my age I am finally at peace with this. Why? Because I would rather be a doer than a disappointment to the One who made me.
I admire you Margie...love you bunches!
Jada's Gigi said…
My hubby says everything cooked in the crockpot tastes the same. Now i know that isn't true...but I can't seem to prove him wrong..yet..:)