Encouragement!

I didn’t go to the gym Tuesday, however I did do strength training at home with my new kettle ball and soft weight ball. I didn’t go yesterday either, I woke up ‘late’. Our mornings are completely timed, I need to be out of the bath by a certain time (5:50) in order for Phyllis to then get in to get out the door by 7AM, in order for me to make it to work by 8. Every morning we are a well oiled machine, and we still have issues.

This morning I woke up a little later than I like (4:45) and so I got out the door to the gym a little later than I like. I really only had 25 minutes. I made myself a deal, if I could do 3 miles in 25 minutes, I could stop. I made it in 25:30.

Curves in Southfield is having some Holiday Special, you can try it out for the month for free. So I am trying it out, I go today to get ‘my routine’ and then I will go 2-3 times a week at lunch along with my 4-5 times a week morning cardio. I know that some may say that Curves may not be the ‘best’ work out, but you know what I think? I think that people need to do whatever they can to be healthy and do whatever works for them. There were plenty of people who thought I wouldn’t do well when I joined ‘Metro’s Biggest Loser’ and even though I got out, I kept at it, kept running, and completed the half marathon.

My stepmom works at Weight Watchers, I have so many friends who do weight watchers, and there is a lot of success there, for me, I can’t stick to it. I don’t eat fake fat or fake sugar in order to meet my points value, and this is what I think. If it works for you, then you do it, I won’t put it (or you) down, I say ‘go for it’. Besides, I have heard some REALLY great things about their new program (from others who are doing it, not working there!)!

This world is full of far too many na-sayers. We don’t need that. We need to encourage each other, celebrate each others victories, and in the event of a little slip, we need to be there saying ‘You got this!’. So if you need someone to cheer you on and celebrate with you (and be accountable) let me know, and I’ll get my pom-poms out.

Maybe that’s a weird way of looking at things, but as I was told, we cannot be judged by someone else’s ruler. We were all designed in the image of God, and we are all wonderfully and fearfully made. He knew us, He loved us, before we were even seen by the world.

Psalm 139:14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well

Comments