Looking for a car!

If i was buying a brand new one, I think it would have been fun.  But it wasn't.  Trampling through the snow, looking at cars, being disappointed, it sucked.  I did however find Gertrude, who's nickname is Gerti.  

This expedition of buying a new car taught me a couple things.  If you find what you want, you may have to stretch your budget, but buying quality (I HOPE!) will be worth it. 
Listen to your gut.  I think the Town & Country Minivans are so cute but EVERY time I picked up a piece of paper with one on it, I got a stomach ache.  It was SO very weird! 
Negotiate.  She was marked $9,995 but I didn't want to spend that much, I had a price in mind, that no one thought they would go down to, and they did. This was kind of funny, their price was within $400 of mine, however, I was already at the top of budget and I was going to have to scrape to pay the taxes.  They said basically 'its only $400', and I said 'I know but my limit is my limit' I walked in 1) knowing I was going to be blessed, and 2) if they didn't come down, this wasn't the car for me. (I had prayed about it)
I also learned that people really do care about others. I had so many people helping me or offering to help me, it was amazing.  To see in just a small way from looking up cars, to going with me, helping me decide on the warranty, it was AWESOME!  I felt so loved!!!  so so so loved!!!

Not sure if it will be Wednesday or Thursday, but it will be! I like her, she's cute, and I am so very blessed!!!!






Comments

Constance said…
That whole shopping for a car process can be torture! However, it sounds like you and God were in it together and that makes all the difference in the world.

I have my Saturn VUE which has turned out to be my favorite car we've ever owned. There's also the Conversion Van (AKA "The Mothership") which I enjoy driving but it's like comparing apples and oranges. The van is our vacation and back up vehicle, the VUE is our workhorse.

Barring an unfortunate accident like someone else I know (wink wink) we'll have them for a LONG time. Our previous van "The War Wagon" was with us for 17 years and "The Mothership" is already 10 years old! We just use our stuff up until it is completely worn out.

Merry Christmas!
Connie