Passion



Passion is a gritty kind of love, tough and

optimistic enthusiasm that overcomes negativity and inconvenience to make it

through to the end. (10,000 Reasons Overflow)


Thursday, December 02, 2010

Saving my world, one cupcake at a time

Something happened today. Some people's feelings were hurt, some people were left out. I'm thankful I wasn't the one who caused the hurt, though I am fairly certain that it was over looked not intentional.

Today, I saw this magnet (and I bought it) 'I am fairly certain that given a cape and a nice tiara, I could save the world!'

And after the above situation, I decided to do what I do best, I baked. 48 cupcakes. Funfetti and Red Velvet. Also reminding myself that Miss Margie owes Jack David Red Velvet cupcakes (note to self - rectify that situation!) Maybe I don't have a cape, or a tiara, I have an apron. And I know that I cannot make up for the hurt feelings (that were not caused by me!) but I can hopefully make the difference in someone's life by saying 'you matter, have a cupcake'. I prayed over them. Silly, I know but this time of year is tough, for a lot of reasons, financial, stressful families, people are reminded of lost loved ones, and here I am making cupcakes, right? Well, I made funfetti (because they are fun!) and Red Velvet because in my crazy mind, Red Velvet cupcakes symbolize the blood of Jesus. Yes, some may say that is crazy, but I don't care. That Blood, it covers multitudes of sins, and if I serve cupcakes that are prayed over, and someone eats them, knows that they are loved and they matter... well, there's a little Jesus in those cupcakes, because there is a lot of Jesus in my heart!

So, I will save my world, one cupcake at a time!

Bon Appetit!

No comments: