Saving my world, one cupcake at a time

Something happened today. Some people's feelings were hurt, some people were left out. I'm thankful I wasn't the one who caused the hurt, though I am fairly certain that it was over looked not intentional.

Today, I saw this magnet (and I bought it) 'I am fairly certain that given a cape and a nice tiara, I could save the world!'

And after the above situation, I decided to do what I do best, I baked. 48 cupcakes. Funfetti and Red Velvet. Also reminding myself that Miss Margie owes Jack David Red Velvet cupcakes (note to self - rectify that situation!) Maybe I don't have a cape, or a tiara, I have an apron. And I know that I cannot make up for the hurt feelings (that were not caused by me!) but I can hopefully make the difference in someone's life by saying 'you matter, have a cupcake'. I prayed over them. Silly, I know but this time of year is tough, for a lot of reasons, financial, stressful families, people are reminded of lost loved ones, and here I am making cupcakes, right? Well, I made funfetti (because they are fun!) and Red Velvet because in my crazy mind, Red Velvet cupcakes symbolize the blood of Jesus. Yes, some may say that is crazy, but I don't care. That Blood, it covers multitudes of sins, and if I serve cupcakes that are prayed over, and someone eats them, knows that they are loved and they matter... well, there's a little Jesus in those cupcakes, because there is a lot of Jesus in my heart!

So, I will save my world, one cupcake at a time!

Bon Appetit!

Comments