Thankful!

Yesterday I spent the day with my girl!  Its our Sunday tradition!  For awhile we were going to church and then to lunch and then errands or whatever, sometimes we came home and just hung out and watched movies, but then she started getting headaches so I would head off to church and then come pick her up and we would go from there. 

Yesterday we were getting ready for church and I was watching the weather and decided not to trek to the D because I HATE HATE HATE the 75 Rouge bridge and could visualize us hanging off the side, so we changed our plans and went and had breakfast, went to JCPenneys because she needed yoga pants and she tried on a dress and a skirt that she will get for her birthday (I'm already done with her Christmas).  We came home and I proceeded to shovel snow (and crab about it) and then made dinner, made some raisin bran muffins (because I had some raisin bran I wanted to get rid of in the pantry) and Phyllis made banana choc chip mini-muffins.  We relaxed for the rest of the evening and I think we were both asleep by 10 (at least I know I was).

This morning I woke up and reshoveled the snow instead of heading to the gym and all was peaceful outside.  The few lights shimmered off the snow, it was like having God made glitter!

How blessed am I that I have a beautiful daughter, a warm house and the ability to shovel snow (although I think I will be saving $30 a pay check for a snowblower for next year - I don't know exactly how much they are but hopefully that will be enough!), and two cars in the garage with no snow on them so that I can drive to my really good job.

Blessed blessed blessed!

Col 2:6-7  6 So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him, 7 rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness

Comments