working on... me

I'm working on my house.  And at the same time working on me.

I'm not good at decorating.  At least on in the 'Better Homes & Gardens' sort of way.  I think it beautiful when I see it, I just don't know how to get it there.  And besides, I'd rather have pictures of Phyllis on my walls than something that can be purchased in a store.  Do I realize that is nuts?  I don't think it is.  I find more beauty in her, than anything someone could paint.  And if you don't, well, you need glasses.

In working on my house, I've discovered a few things.  Like what I like.  Red, tan, and chocolate brown.  I love those colors, and so my house will be those colors.  I also love simple black picture frames.  I also like 3X5 notecards with bible verse taped to my mirror.

When I was baking last night (I am feeding some peeps at a soup kitchen where you have to bring the food) I made 60 cupcakes (though there's only 58 now, Katie and I had dessert), and I debated on sprinkles.  What will they think?  Will they think it's silly?  I don't know, but I put sprinkles on them, because I LIKE SPRINKLES ON CUPCAKES.

I used to be this crazy volunteer.  There was a need, I filled it.  Sometimes I loved it, and sometimes, not so much.  I only volunteer now for the things I love and feel called to do.  And you know what, I think I do a better job, and my heart is filled more with love so that it can overflow on to others a lot more.  So... I do what I like.  And there's this one project that people keep trying to get me to volunteer at... the answer is NO.  Not called, and don't want to.  Sorry.

I'm learning (or relearning) how much I like to do the following things (no matter how nerdy they may seem)
Scrapbook
Run
Workout
Go on the boat
Travel (even if its just to the other side of the state)

so...
I'm scrapbooking
running
working out
will go on the boat
and will go places this summer, even if its just a 2 hour drive away.

Eph 2:10 For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago

Comments