Blueberry Pancakes, 2 Tim 4, church, Car Picnic, afternoons alone, and love!

I don't know why you peeps keep reading sometimes, but I'd like to venture a little bit into my heart and my day!

We had yummy homemade blueberry pancakes and sausage for breakfast!  Ugly I know, but  it was yummy goodness, I know that I could have just fed us all cereal (us being Phyllis, Melissa, Rosie, & me), but I like a good breakfast to get us going, plus I knew we'd be eating a later lunch, gotta have a good breakfast to get through the day.

On the way to the D to visit Real Church at the Magic Stick Melissa asked if we were on 2 Tim 4.
"Yes, read it outloud"
So she did, and this one part almost blew me off the 75 bridge...

16 At my first defense, no one came to my support, but everyone deserted me. May it not be held against them. 17 But the Lord stood at my side and gave me strength

I haven't been a Christian all my life.  When I was first saved, I had a girlfriend actually tell me that she liked the old me better than the new me.  The truth was, that I wasn't all about going to the bars anymore, I didn't need her to help me feel better because I wasn't doing things to make my life quite the mess it was before.  I remember being so mad at her, 'how dare she'... yeah yeah, I wish no harm against her, I am no longer friends with her, but I just remember sometimes I felt soooo alone because I didn't know that many people to hang out with who where Christians, and I didn't really want to hang out in the pit any longer.  And think about this... God has never left me!  Always loving me!  WOW!

Then Real Church was awesome!  Pastor Chilly brought the Word like he always does.  AND I got to hear an awesome sermon last night too at Metro! 

After church, we went to Belle Isle and had a car picnic (sometimes when you miss summer, you gotta have a little summer anyway you can) with salad, juice boxes, homemade canned pickles, and pizza from Sgt Pepperoni's on Woodward!  FUN! and there was a crazy drunk lady next to us.  We left before she did... but it was fun!

Now I am at home, getting ready for my week, going to do some cleaning, the sun is showing how much the maid missed lately cleaning (I don't have a maid, I just always say when something is dirty 'someone oughta fire the maid around here').  Going to through in a movie, probably Invincible, and enjoy my home and the grace and love that God has showered me with. 

Grace to you!!

2 Tim 4:22 22 The Lord be with your spirit. Grace be with you all.

Comments