Eating...

Fasting from eating out during the week, you’d never really think that this would be heart changing.

It really has been. I’m wasting less (I hate wasting), spending more time at home (I love my home!), cooking with my daughter (I love my daughter), and seeing God’s provision in a new way (I love my God, the provider).
This morning I threw Chicken and Dumplings in the crockpot, well, I threw the chicken/veggies/broth in the crockpot, the dumplings part will come when I get home. And I make my own bisquick, with whole grain flour, so its ‘kinda’ healthy. There isn’t a lot of fat in this recipe. I love that it is healthy. And crockpot cooking also helps with reducing dishes (one pot! And a knife and a cutting board).

Last night we had tacos. Turkey meat, homemade taco seasoning, freshly grated cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, sour cream, and homemade guacamole, and Spanish rice style quinoa. YUM! There’s a lot of gratefulness in my house when I cook. I’m thankful for Netta for always inspiring me. I’m thankful for God for some mad cooking skills, and His provision, I'm thankful for the help that I get in the kitchen from my daughter, I'm thankful that I get to show her how to cook, and some tricks, and my daughter is thankful for cooking her a good meal (though we will see what happens when we have grilled cheese, Italian wedding soup, and salad).

A good friend of mine always was talking about eating healthy and she said ‘if you make vegetables and fruit a priority there isn’t much room left for everything else’. Its true. I started putting my salad on my plate instead of a separate bowl. It takes up space, takes longer to eat, so I am eating a healthy salad, and slower! Both good habits.

A lot of people are doing some different things, but I know for me that whatever I do, I must be able to stick to for the REST OF YOUR LIFE, it doesn’t matter the results I see immediately because they won’t be lasting. I know that there will be times in my life that I will choose a cookie, or we will eat chicken alfredo, or grilled cheese, I just need to make sure that I accommodate those things in good food choices in other meals or extra exercise times.

I think all of this is to say, that in all this time that I haven’t spent in the car driving to a resturaunt, staring at a menu, I see God what I eat, and why I eat it.

Fasting really is heart changing.

Comments