I must do the work!

If I want something, I must be willing to do the work. I have to say that I haven’t written everything down that I’ve popped in my mouth, I haven’t gotten off the couch and done leg lifts, and sit ups, haven’t covered 2/3 my plate with veggies, haven’t drank my gallon of water everyday. And I can tell, in a lot of ways.


Not as much energy

My clothes don’t fit like I’d like

My size isn’t going down

The scale is telling me a truth that I just don’t like

Here’s the thing, I must be willing to do the work.

I must do the work of writing things down, I must do the work of cutting up veggies, and planning out meals, I must drink my water, I must take my vitamins, I must plan.

I must get up and run. I must get off the couch and do situps, and leg lifts, and arm exercises, a healthy, strong core is important!

However.

This is not just about food for me, its about feelings, and comfort. I must also be willing to hear what God has to say to me and to be obedient and follow His direction. It means I must be deliberate in the reading of the bible, to do my bible studies about the things that I struggle with.

I know that the road to hell is paved with good intentions, and so is the aisle way to the size of clothes that I don’t like to wear.

I can’t take a pill, a drink meal supplements, I can do those things short term to get started, and be successful, long term, I must be willing to do the work, I must have a plan, I must stick to the plan.

For me, it means I live by faith not by feelings, it means I trust God, I listen to His direction, I pray, I praise, I pray, I praise, I do things that are hard, I do things that hurt, in order to get where I need to get. I think about the ‘Skit Guys’ and their ‘God’s Masterpiece’ skit, you’ll have to look it up on Youtube. Its worth the time to watch it. I have to believe that God is working for my good, that He has my best interest. After all, He did get up on a cross and die for me, I should, and I will live for Him.

I think about how hard it was to finish a mile and 4 months later, I finished a half marathon. Because I was willing to do the work.

Matthew 10:39 Whoever finds their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life for my sake will find it.

Comments