Love, Laughes, and a few tears

Luke 20.  Go read it.

Yesterday was bible study.  I almost peed my pants laughing so hard.  Not at Luke 20 though.

As always this wonderful group of family stretched me.  We started talking about going to heaven, what stops us from being excited or more like holds us back.  And I said, I could go tomorrow, if Phyllis came with me.  And then I cried, partly because I know how difficult it will be for her when I go to heaven, and then Darryl 'oh so wise' Vann gets me thinking about how I should love God so much that even though I know there will be pain, that I should still be excited to go.  Then I'm crying about being a jerk.  Oh boy. But its something to pray about, change my heart condition.

Also talking about being a good tenant to the earth.  I'm not so good, but a couple weeks back, God directed me to fast from eating dinner out.   It means I had to cook, EVERY night.  Blah!  yes, I love to cook, but I really like eating out.  The problem?  I was buying groceries to eat in, and STILL EATING OUT.  And then at the end of the week throwing a lot of stuff out.  Oh boy.  Not a good tenant, waste waste waste! So I noticed after the first week, I didn't have to throw anything out, and we ate well, saved money, and I was talking with God a lot more.  How about that?  Also, just a quick side note, did you know you can freeze bananas and then when you get enough to make banana bread just thaw them. Good stewardship.

A lot of people are fasting.  Pastor Chilly was talking about it a couple weeks ago, not sure exactly what he said, I just remember that whatever we fast from it should be to bring us closer to God.  I never really got the whole fasting thing, I think I still don't get it, but I think I'm getting closer to studying it, just want to make sure I am going in with a good heart.  Now when someone tells me they are fasting, I want to ask them 'how is it bringing you closer to God?' but I gotta figure out a 'non-jerk' way to ask that question. 

So there, my friends, this morning is my heart.  Its churning.  God is moving.  I love that, but sometimes it hurts.  Read Luke 20, ask God to speak to you, and while you are at it, read the book of Philippians, man, does Paul live a God-honoring life or what?  

Phil 4:23  The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen

Comments

Pat said…
Great, honesst post!!
Trish said…
Fasting works...it is a sacrifice that God honors and prayers are answered.
You have to lean on God to get yourself through the hunger but man Margie...His presence is felt!
Momma said…
Fasting is a confusing one for me too. But lately I have been allowing God to move me to do it more. And I just use it as a way to remind myself. When I am fasting and feel that hunger "pain" I simply remember and praise God for being my bread. I know I cannot live on bread alone. I need his presence. And I find myself continuing to pray more for hunger for him. It still does not make a ton of sense yet. But I find God being really patient and graceful with me as I learn. :)