Motivated

I need to change my weight tracker. I have gained about 7 pounds since the last time I updated it. The good news is that I am back on track and feeling great, sleeping great, eating well, exercising.
I am not motivated by a number on a scale. I am looking forward to a smaller size in clothes, a smaller number on a scale. I’m not even motivated by a marathon. That is not what motivates me.

I am motivated by love. I am motivated because I want the world to see that God has done something on my insides that rolled out to my outsides. I am a stress eater, a bored eater, a celebrating eater. Those are not good reasons to eat. We should eat to live not live to eat.

Because that is what I struggle with (and I know others do too) I look no different on the outside to the world. I look like everyone else. How would anyone know that God has done a work on my heart unless they can see it. I want the world to look at me and say ‘that girl has something different, her life has been changed’.

There is a song by Hillsong United ‘Revolution’ the bridge and the chorus:
'Cause we want the world to know
We want the world to know
We live our lives for You
In all we say and do
We want the world to know
We want the world to know

Jesus is our Saviour
There will be no other
We will shout it out
We want the world to know

 I want the world to know. I want the world to know that I am loved by my Savior, I live in His grace, and that I am changed! I want the world to know that I have something different, that my life is changed, that I no longer live for myself, but I have a life and a heart fully surrendered to Him.

Romans 10:10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved

Comments