A new year

I’m starting to wonder what the hell I was thinking when I decided to do this marathon! I ran yesterday and 2 miles on the treadmill seemed like a lot more than 2. And this morning, I reved up and ran 2 at 5am.
Sunday: 2 miles - 24:15
Monday: 2 miles – 24:00
That doesn’t seem that bad, right? EXCEPT if you run 26.2 miles at 12 minute miles its 5 hours and 14 minutes. That’s a long time to run. So my goal: 10 minute miles average – that means 4 hours and 21 minutes.
I could have easily text Katie and said ‘sorry, I change my mind’ but I wouldn’t, and I won’t. Its hard to get started. But if you never get started, its even harder to finish. I have to be honest, I'm looking at this huge mountain, and its frightening.
A lot of people are starting their new year’s resolutions. I am not resolving anything in particular. I’d like to save more money in 2011 and weigh less. That means eating at home, planning, and exercising. There are quite a few people I know starting various programs. I’m excited to hear that WW has gone with (in my mind) a healthier approach, more good for you foods less fake sugar. A few friends of mine have gone on to a cleansing program. No matter what you choose, it better be something you can stick to and maintain, because speaking from experience, you will be right back to where you started if you don’t. I’m saying this from COMPLETE personal experience.
So today, I started with a half PB/Jelly sandwich so I’d have energy to run, and my own breakfast sandwich that included spinach (you gotta get those veggies in where you can) and a snack of clementines.
As I was running, the first song that played was ‘With Everything’ by Hillsong United. I love this song and to be perfectly honest, I had a hard time not raising my arms while I was running, so I didn’t hold back. One thing about that song… there is one part that says ‘shout FORTH Your Glory’ its not ‘Shout for Your Glory’. As I run/raise money, whatever it is I want to shout it FORTH – forward. I don’t want God’s glory to stop at me, I want to move it forward, for the world to see!
I want people to be inspired, not for me, but for God. If I can just make a small difference, and someone else can make a small difference, and then we add it up like all the cookies eaten over the holidays, it will make a big difference! Be inspired by the greatness of Him to use the littleness of us.
2 Cor 12:9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.

Comments