Rejoicing!

The other day our laundry tub overflowed.  I think the stack is clogged or something because when we run the water in the kitchen (sink or dishwasher) it backs up into the laundry tub. 

Also means I cannot do laundry.  And its a little stinky!

I had to go to the laundromat this morning (I was in and out in about 45 minutes).

To tell you the truth, its annoying.  But I'm spoiled. 

It could be worse.  Plumber will come this week. 

But I think of people who:
A) don't have running water
B) some peeps don't have great plumbers
C) can't afford the laundromat (dude! its expensive, cost me almost $13 to do 3 loads of laundry)

I find myself thankful today.

Overwhelming thankful that no matter my problem, my God is bigger than it all.  I will rest easy knowing that there is nothing that will come before me (no matter how big it is) that is bigger than my God.  Today I was singing 'Our God' and just overwhelmed by the bigness and goodness of Him, and how blessed I truly am.

This sink thing, its a little annoying, but totally manageable, and I think I'll be a little more thankful once its completely taken care of.

Phil 4:4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!

Comments

Stacy said…
The enemy: trying to destroy your ability to love easily because you're frustrated by water issues.
God: reminding you of why you committed to run a marathon for others who have their own, far more severe, water issues.
Love wins every time!
Love you!
Trish said…
And now Phyllis has no boot or crutches...God is good!
Love your attitude...keep up the good work sweet girl!