Snater changed...

I hate snow, yes I am a snater. But I also know that snow brings the earth to rest, just as God intended.
Sometimes I even find myself thanking God for snow. I know… GASP.

My friends plow as part of their business so I always pray that God provides. He does.

When I first moved into my neighborhood I shoveled most of the walkways around me and sidewalks. We have the best mailman, and I don’t want him to have to trudge through the snow. Also, I have a couple of older couples, they don’t need to be out shoveling snow. And while I did the walkways and sidewalks, a couple others who had snow blowers did the driveways. It was perfect, we all helped each other, and if I wasn’t home, someone just took care of mine, and if they weren’t home, I’d take care of theirs.

Today I went out, and it wasn’t like that. People only did their own. And so I took care of the woman who has a hubby but he works 6 days and afternoons, the old widower, the single woman across the street, the two disabled brothers, and of course, my own.

As I was out there, I was thinking about how in life, we need to make the most of every opportunity. Every opportunity to love.

I just loved having some time outside with God, it was quiet and peaceful, and since I was all bundled up, I wasn’t really cold. I was thinking about how if it weren’t for the snow, I wouldn’t have taken that time with Him or loving my neighbors in the smallest of ways.

God made the snow so that the earth would rest… and I think He did the same for me.

Matthew 11:28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest

Comments