Life is far too short…

Life is far too short…

…to not go to New York
…to not take care of myself
… to not visit my friend in prison
…to do things that are not worthy of my time
… to not plan my trip to Africa
… to let a minute go by that is not lived completely in love.

The last week has been quite an adventure. I cannot even begin to tell you the last week. A friend had a heart attack, and then my dad with his crazy leg… sheesh.

The whole time I kept thinking ‘I don’t have to do this, I don’t have to handle it, my God can do it all’ and I found great comfort in that.

Most of my life I have lived afraid. Lived afraid of running out of _________. I’ve lived afraid of death, or hurt. And sometimes I’ve lived afraid of trying because I might fail. I’ve lived lies that people have said to me, lived with the complex of inferiority.

The last 18 hours have made me realize, life is just a vapor.  And the craziness of it all... I love Jesus more!!!!!

I will…
go to New York in April
I will take care of myself, eating healthy, running, gym, zumba, no quick fixes, just hard work…
I will visit Dani more often
I will do things that are worthy of my time
I will not only plan and save for my trip to Africa to love on orphans, I will go!
I will love

And I will continue to celebrate life! In cupcakes and love!



Verse 1
Beautiful God
Laying Your majesty aside
You reached out in love to show me life
Lifted from darkness into light
Oh
Verse 2
King for a slave
Trading Your righteousness for shame
Despite all my pride and foolish ways
Caught in Your infinite embrace
Oh
Chorus 1
And I find myself here on my knees again
Caught up in grace like an avalanche
Nothing compares to this love love love
Burning in my heart
[Verse 3:]
Saviour and Friend
Breathing Your life into my heart
Your word is the lamp unto my path
Forever I'm humbled by Your love
Oh
Bridge
Take my life
Take all that I am
With all that I am I will love You
Take my heart
Take all that I have
Jesus how I adore You
Chorus 2
And I find myself here on my knees again
Caught up in grace like an avalanche
Nothing compare to this love love love

Comments

mags4him said…
Powerful words! With God directing your steps you cannot fail or fall!! Trusting Him in all things.... I am still learning this lesson as well. Sheesh... I went on 2 mission trips on the other side of the world.... He did everything He said He would do... and I still have a fear to drive 8 hours by myself to visit with my friend! ugg I don't go and do so many things that I love and enjoy because I won't go by myself. this is going to change ... next sat... I am going to a conference by myself... because I can't get anyone to go with me. this is my step out of the boat... I CAN do this!! the possibilities are endless!!
Becky said…
just love your heart!