still pursuing


Romans 12:9-12 9 Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. 10 Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves. 11 Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. 12 Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer
Sometimes people think I am this great 'lover' I really try to be thoughtful, but not always loving.  I cannot wait to give a gift, not because a gift may cost a lot, but because thought went into the gift.I actually hate to give a gift just to give one.  One time I even mailed someone gum because I thought they would like it :)  silly, I know.
And sometimes if I feel like the gift is awesome I will step outside my budget because I KNEW my dad would love this specific gift.  I can't wait til my dad sees the gift AND tells me over and over (cuz that's how my dad is) how he's using it.  I CAN'T WAIT!

Every day I really do try to love someone, some days I really suck at it.  I've found this about myself, if I am not loving myself, I do not do a good job at loving others.  So I was thinking today about how Jesus says to love your neighbor as yourself.  I think about the times in my life that I've been the biggest jerk... not loving myself.   And something happened to me... I really realized how much God loved me, and once that happened, I loved myself.  When I found that my worth comes from Jesus, and He loves me most, I really started realizing my worth, and loving me. It means that I take time for myself, without feeling selfish or guilty.  For crying outloud, even Jesus rested, what makes me think that  I can do anything different.

This weekend, I've got 'a weekend off'.  I'm going to spend it doing things I love, and one of those being pursuing Jesus. I'm going to spend time in the Word, getting lost in His love.  He pursues me so much, I can't wait to chase Him.

Is 51:1-3
1 “Listen to me, you who pursue righteousness
and who seek the LORD:
Look to the rock from which you were cut
and to the quarry from which you were hewn;
2 look to Abraham, your father,
and to Sarah, who gave you birth.
When I called him he was only one man,
and I blessed him and made him many.
3 The LORD will surely comfort Zion
and will look with compassion on all her ruins;
he will make her deserts like Eden,
her wastelands like the garden of the LORD.
Joy and gladness will be found in her,
thanksgiving and the sound of singing.

Picture from here... I SO want this!

Comments