Thank you

When Phyllis was little I always made her say please and thank you...  If you didn't say 'please' you didn't get it, if you didn't say 'thank you' you didn't get to keep it.  Also... I'd say 'say the magic word, starts with P and ends with getting what you want' for 'please'.

Phyllis is now 18 and lately I've realized how much she still says thank you, and it always makes my heart smile when I make dinner she says 'thanks for making dinner, mom' and when I buy dinner she says 'thanks for buying dinner' lol.  When she does something around the house, I say thank you.  I truly appreciate it.

This morning I made her lunch (yes, I still make her lunch, she is MORE than capable, but I enjoy it - most days).  Every day I tell her that her sandwich (or lunchable) is on the counter and with whatever fruit I dish out (today, I was lazy and it was a clemintine - its usually blueberries and strawberries but I was too lazy to do it this morning - that's lazy!) and as always she said 'thank you'.  It made me smile. I don't do it because she says thank you, but it does make me feel like the littlest thing I do is appreciated.

And then I started thinking about the little things in life that really matter and how we really can change the world by just doing little things in the lives of others.  The whole 'starfish' story. 

Pursuing Love today, in little ways.  Because it matters...

Col 2:6-7 6 So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him, 7 rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.

Comments

Trish said…
Sweet post...thank you for being you!
Becky said…
please meet me on 5thW and thank you for loving me!