Making it a priority

I hate it when people say that you have to 'make time for exercise' as if I sit on my rear end all day eating bonbons.
I get up at 4:30 and go to bed at 9:30PM, and I pretty much go all day, whether it be at the house or doing...something. 
I started getting up at 4:30 because I wanted to go to the gym at 5AM (I have to give myself a little time to wake up, run the bath tub - so it's ready for me when I get home, and get to the gym).  When it was cold (and I mean really cold) I didn't make it to the gym, but I still got up, ran the dishwasher, laundry, whatever, but last night I was so tired and had so much to do I just didn't get my exercise (running) in, so I thought to myself that I get up anyway, might as well try to get to the gym.  I did.  This morning I hit the eliptical, did just 1/2 hour, completed 3.39 miles.  Not bad, I have to tell you, I feel pretty good.
Just like all the things that we love or need to do, we must make things a priority.  My friend at work, Vicki, says 'you have to make vegetables a priority on your plate after that, there isn't much room for anything else' and so I started putting my salad on my plate (well wonders never cease, I eat less), and exercise needs to be a priority in my life.  So if it means I gotta get up at 4:30, well, I guess that's what has to happen.

Also... got my blood work back... no PCOS which believe it or not, is a little frustrating, because I'd like to know what's wrong... but back to the drawing board...

What in your life needs to be moved to a higher priority?

Mark 12:30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’

Comments