Weekend!

Its not really others that make me feel less than awesome, it’s me.


Yesterday I was getting ready to go see my friend in federal prison (why are people so shocked that I have a friend in federal prison) and I was thinking about how when I used to go there I was thin and beautiful and now… well, I’ve put on a few pounds and I hate when I see anyone that knew me before, I wonder what they think ‘oh boy, I guess she really let herself go’.

Yeah, like all I do is sit around and eat bon-bons. Seriously, I am one of the busiest peeps I know. I do know that I make poor choices sometimes when I eat, or that I don’t exercise like I should, I totally stress eat! TOTALLY!

Here’s the thing, I don’t have to wonder what my friend is thinking, because he’s gonna tell me. I knew he would. And a lot of people might say ‘he should love you for who you are, it shouldn’t matter’. Here’s the thing, he does love me for who I am, I have known him since the summer before sixth grade (I was 11). And he loves me enough to say to me ‘you need to be healthy’. He knows how hard it is for me to watch my dad and his health if I don’t take care of myself now, it will be worse in the future.

It was a great visit. We laughed, caught up on a ton of stuff, it had been over 4 years since we were there to visit. He was shocked to see Phyllis, the last time he saw her she was STARTING high school, and now she’s almost done.

Anyway, its been a busy weekend. Got home last night, made Easter Cards for some soldiers (over 70 of them) they are almost done, just gotta print out the Easter story to put in each one and get some candy to send tomorrow while I am out at lunch. I hope jelly beans will make the trip. Please remember to say a prayer for our soldiers, whether you agree with the war or not, they are fighting for freedom, risk their lives for us everyday.

Watched my little muffins tonight, they are such a joy, Levi and Judah. Soooo cute! They were extra snuggly today so that was really really awesome!

When I get home I’ll make some cupcakes!

Hope you had a great weekend! Lovetoyou!

Comments