Passion



Passion is a gritty kind of love, tough and

optimistic enthusiasm that overcomes negativity and inconvenience to make it

through to the end. (10,000 Reasons Overflow)


Monday, April 11, 2011

Happy Monday!

I’m working on painting my house, getting the outside ready, getting rid of stuff for a garage sale (check out the link), I lead a busy life. In that busy life, sometimes it makes it difficult to make wise choices in eating. It is because it always takes planning.

A bunch of guys at work do a ‘fat club’ they put in $100 and in 12 weeks they need to lose 10 pounds. If the 10 pounds is achieved, they get their $100 back, and if they don’t, their $100 is divided among the ‘winners’. I’m the first woman to do it. I need motivation. And so I’m doing it. I will get my $100 back. I weighed in this morning, and now this is it. 10 pounds in 12 weeks is totally doable, and safe. And since I think that crazy diets are dumb, and that making good choices and things that you can do for the rest of your life is the way to do… I will do this! I’m still down from before, and I have a crazy friend who will run with me or workout with me. So if you are with me, and I make a bad choice, I give you permission to say ‘are you sure?’ if I am going to eat something that might not be the best choice, but let’s be clear, I don’t give you permission to give me the ‘mom look’ or hound me about it. I am a grown up, I know my goals, but I also know that for the rest of my life, I will eat Chicken paprikash, I will have stuff that’s not always the best choice, but I know that everything in balance. It means turkey instead of ground beef, less sugar, less fat (but not fake), real food, and making vegetables a priority. And most importantly, keeping my focus on God.

And let's face it...  running a marathon thinner will be better!  (less dead weight)

Other than that, the tent is ordered (deposit in the mail), 4 days til New York, and painting is going well, cleaned out some in the backyard yesterday.

Happy Monday!

This is me… thankful!

Psalm 34:8 Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him

2 comments:

Pat said...

Sounds like you have a good plan, as usual!
How'd your paprikash turn out? Did you like it?

Mrs. Mac said...

Sorry about your trip .. and I pray that Phyllis' feet are healed as well. Hugs,