I also thought about how badly I wanted to be a teacher when I graduated but with no guidance, I never fulfilled that dream. Somehow though, God orchestrated so many beautiful children in my path, their lives are forever etched in my heart.
I really think that people who think that high school was the time of their lives, topped out at high school.
High school sucked.
You think you know everything. You know everything based on what you’ve been exposed to, and in 18 years, no matter how much media you’ve got in your life, you haven’t been exposed to much.
Here’s a little advice for high schoolers…
- Don’t be afraid to fail. You will learn a lot from your mistakes, you will learn what you’re not good at which will drive you towards what you are good at. Don’t be discouraged.
- No matter how good of friends you are in high school, most likely, by the time you’re 40, you’ll have a few of those friends, but most of them (and you) will have moved on to other things.
- You’ll change a million times by the time you’re 30, you’ll spend a lot of time trying to keep up. Just be yourself, the rest just falls in line.
- You’re loved more than you know, you just don’t see it yet. Hind sight really is 20/20.
- Yes, you’re sick of school, just keep going, college is nothing like high school. And praise The Lord for that!
- No matter what happens…
God has it all in His control. Enjoy the rest of your life, it won’t be easy, enjoy and take every opportunity that presents itself.