Passion



Passion is a gritty kind of love, tough and

optimistic enthusiasm that overcomes negativity and inconvenience to make it

through to the end. (10,000 Reasons Overflow)


Friday, April 01, 2011

To Party or not to party

So... my latest dilemma...

My daughter is graduating from high school... 

What to do about a graduation party?

Do I just have it at my rinky-dink house with a very small backyard?
Have it at my cousin's house in New Boston?
Have it at my dad's house?
Have it at a hall?
Or not have one at all and just give her the $$ I would have spent?

See here's the thing, I love throwing a party!  LOVE IT!  It is sooo much work.  Having it at my house would be easiest but I'd love to have it at my cousin's house, but would I hurt my dad&stepmom's feelings because my dad did, in passing offer his house because of his yard, or do I have it in a climate controlled hall?

Oh brother. 

1 comment:

Debra said...

Perhaps have it at a neutral place? We don't have family living here so when my daughter graduated we had her party at a nice local park where we rented a picnic pavillion for just $15 (this was in 1998). We made it a potluck and invited her friends and our church and it was a great success.

Just a thought. I hope you'll all have a great time! ...Debra