What does your life look like?

I'm supposed to be on vacation.  I'm up, getting ready to go to the gym, and then I'll shower, and go to work.  Not because I want to but because I'm blessed to have a good job, and I only need to work on one thing :)  And besides, shouldn't our lives reflect excellence?
I was out the other day with Phyllis at Roma's, we happened to be sitting next to a table of four who claimed they were 'Christians' I beg to differ though, I think they were church goers. There's a difference.  I will have to tell you that if someone came in and was taking a poll 'are you a Christian?' and they stood up, it might have been one time in my life that I would have said 'no' because, and while I don't mean to be judgemental but I am, I wouldn't have wanted to have been associated with them.  And it got me to thinking... how many times could people say that about me?
Oh boy.
Too many.
I strive to look like Jesus, to have my heart resonate Him.  I fall short soooo many times. AND I HATE THAT ABOUT ME!
I choose to live love, but I don't always.
Jesus says 'Forgive them Father for they know not what they do'. (Luke 23:34)
FORGIVE ME FATHER, sometimes I don't realize it, but sometimes I do.  I want to be more like you!  Like in John 3:30 when John says that we must be less and He must be more!
Let it not ever be about me.
I heard a great teaching yesterday... Be available, usable, submissive, & forgettable.
That's what I want.
Available for God to use me - I need to just be waiting for His call
Usable -Once He calls, I want Him to use me!
Submissive - Do whatever He asks!  (you know like that whole 'If God calls me to an overseas mission trip, I'm hangin' up - and now I'm going' I bet He laughs at me all the time)
Forgettable - that somehow, no one sees me, they only see Christ.

Here I am, Lord.  SEND ME (and by this I mean, send the best part of me - YOU)!

Isaiah 6:8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?” And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Comments