Fundraiser Dinner!

So I cooked for my biggest fundraiser dinner, I was told 300 people, but there weren’t 300 and to be honest for the first time I ever I feel like I didn’t over cook, meaning I didn’t make too much!  Unfortunatly, 300 people didn’t show up.  Maybe about 100-150.

Which meant I had about 300 piece of left over chicken left, and loads of mostacolli and rolls.  That’s a lot.  I sent a lot home with people, I even called a friend who has a big family and handed her 100 pieces and said ‘freeze it’.  It was crazy!  I sent food home for new mom’s, the peeps there, for families who just are burdened by a lot of stuff, and food for a few meals always helps because it is one less thing to do.

If you know me, you know I get a little bit stressed (and tired) at these functions, not this time, I was calm, cool, and collected.  It seemed awesome, I worked with an amazing group of people who whenever I asked for help were right there.  Opening tons of canned stuff, carrying stuff, garbage, whatever was needed, I never had to ask for something twice (which is not how it usually is) and knowing that things were taken care of was AWESOME! I had two FABULOUS peeps in the kitchen with me, keeping everything going, stirring, whatever needed to be done!

I think that it also helped that I didn’t have tons of other things going on in my life so that I could focus, and really enjoy this. 

I feel so blessed!  Amazing how you serve others, and you’re the one with the blessing!

Comments